ZZ572/620 Base Engine
The ZZ572/620 long block Includes all the features of the Deluxe, fully-dressed version, minus the water pump, arburetor, intake manifold, distributor and spark plug wires. Order all the parts to complete the engine from your GMPP dealer or finish with your custom parts.
The 620 features rectangular port aluminum cylinder heads that deliver 9.6:1 compression ratios in a pump-gas friendly package. A hydraulic roller cam with 0.632" lift drives the stainless steel valves. Chromemoly retainers, roller rocker arms and dual valve springs help make the valvetrain virtually bullet-proof.
NOTE: Intended for pre-1977 street vehicles and all off-road vehicles. Not intended for marine use.
- The ultimate hot rod starting point
Pump gas drag racing—just add spray
- Wake up the neighborhood—anytime!
- Only install if you want to be the biggest dog on the porch
*Applications have not been validated. They are merely suggestions of how you might enjoy your GM Performance Parts crate engine. Some applications may affect engine warranty. See specific warranty information. Some applications may not be emission legal; check state and local ordinances.
|ZZ572/620 TECH SPECS:
|Part Number: ||12498792|
|Engine type: ||Chevy big-block V-8|
|Displacement (cu in): ||572|
|Bore x stroke (in): ||4.560 x 4.375|
|Block (P/N 25534368): ||Cast iron with 4-bolt main caps|
|Crankshaft (P/N 88961554): ||Forged steel|
|Connecting rods (P/N 88962926): ||Forged steel, shot peened|
|Pistons (P/N 88962925): ||Forged aluminum|
|Camshaft type (P/N 88961557): ||Hydraulic roller|
|Camshaft lift (in): ||.632 intake / .632 exhaust|
|Camshaft duration (@.050 in): ||254'c1 intake / 264'c1 exhaust|
|Cylinder heads (P/N 12499255): ||Aluminum rectangular port, 118 cc chambers|
|Valve size (in): ||2.25 intake / 1.88 exhaust; stainless steel|
|Compression ratio: ||9.6:1|
|Rocker arms (P/N 12361323):|| Aluminum roller style|
|Rocker arm ratio: ||1.7:1|
|Distributor (P/N 88961867): ||HEI|
|Carburetor (P/N 88961560): ||850 cfm|
|Water pump (P/N 14058915): ||Aluminum, short-style|
|Spark plugs & wires: ||Included|
|Flexplate (P/N 12561217): ||14"|
|Recommended fuel: ||92 octane|
|Ignition timing: ||36'c1 total @ 5000 rpm|
|Maximum rpm: ||6000||
Part #: 12498792
- Clutch linkage boss is cast and machined in block, but must be drilled and tapped. When using cast iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads, for clearance.
- Requires additional parts (not included).
- Gen VI tall-deck block has machined mechanical fuel pump boss
- Comes with a 14" automatic transmission flexplate. Requires internally balanced flywheel for manual transmission applications.
- Intended for pre-1977 street vehicles or all off-road vehicles.
- Not intended for marine applications.
- You do have a strong transmission and rear axle, don’t you?