ZZ502 Base Kit - Build-it-yourself kit of GM Performance Parts’ 502" Rat!
Nothing is quite as satisfying as building your own high-performance big-block. That’s why GM Performance Parts offers the entire ZZ502 engine as a kit. Every part is engineered to work together to deliver 502 horses! Kit includes aluminum, oval port heads, forged steel crank and rods, and forged aluminum pistons. It also includes a hydraulic roller cam, valve train and valve covers. You need to add an water intake manifold, carburetor, water pump, distributor and spark plug wires.
NOTE: Intended for pre-1977 street vehicles and all off-road vehicles. Not intended for marine use.
- Any vehicle that needs big-time power
- Big-block bracket racing
- Powerplant for a big-displacement street rod
*Applications have not been validated. They are merely suggestions of how you might enjoy your GM Performance Parts crate engine. Some applications may affect engine warranty. See specific warranty information. Some applications may not be emission legal; check state and local ordinances.
|ZZ502/502 BASE ENGINE TECH SPECS:
|Part Number: ||124371204|
|Engine type: ||Chevy big-block V-8|
|Displacement (cu in): ||502|
|Bore x stroke (in): ||4.47 x 4.00|
|Block (P/N 10237292): ||Cast iron with 4-bolt main caps|
|Crankshaft (P/N 10183723): ||Forged steel|
|Connecting rods (P/N 10198922): ||Forged steel, shot peened|
|Pistons (P/N 12533507): ||Forged aluminum|
|Camshaft type (P/N 12366543): ||Hydraulic roller|
|Camshaft lift (in): ||.527 intake / .544 exhaust|
|Camshaft duration (@.050 in): ||224'c1 intake / 234'c1 exhaust|
|Cylinder heads (P/N 12363390): ||Aluminum oval port; 110cc chambers|
|Valve size (in): ||2.25 intake / 1.88 exhaust; stainless steel|
|Compression ratio: ||9.6:1|
|Rocker arms (P/N 12368082): ||Stamped steel|
|Rocker arm ratio: ||1.7:1|
|Recommended fuel: ||92 octane|
|Ignition timing: ||8'c1 BTDC @ 800 rpm; 36'c1 total @ 5000 rpm|
|Maximum rpm: ||5800||
Part #: 12371204
- NOTE: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long blocks and partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur. GMPP distributor P/N 93440806 is recommended.
- Clutch linkage boss is cast into block, but must be drilled and tapped. When using cast iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads, for clearance.
- Requires electric fuel pump because Gen VI block has no mechanical pump boss
- Intended for pre-1977 street vehicles or all off-road vehicles.
- Not intended for marine applications.