HT383E - Small-Block Power and Torque for Your Full-Size Truck
You can have serious small-block V8 power in your half ton truck. The HT383E is an emissions-legal, direct replacement for the L31 5.7-liter engine in half-ton Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Sierra and Yukon models. Swap the intake manifold, throttle body, exhaust manifolds and other accessories from your old 350 onto the HT383E and install it in your truck with no further modifications. The HT383E even comes with a new distributor, water pump and other components that would be replaced during a rebuild. With loads of torque and straightforward installation, the HT383E can keep your trusted half-ton running strong.
- Give your '96-'99 Silverado a new lease on life
- The ideal crate engine for an SUV that sees a lot of towing
- It looks just like the stocker until you stomp it!
*Applications have not been validated. They are merely suggestions of how you might enjoy your GM Performance Parts crate engine. Some applications may affect engine warranty. See specific warranty information. Some applications may not be emission legal; check state and local ordinances.
|HT383E TECH SPECS:
|Part Number: ||17800393|
|Engine type: ||Chevy small-block V-8|
|Displacement (cu in): ||383|
|Bore x stroke (in): ||4.00 x 3.80|
|Block (P/N 88962516): ||Cast iron with 4-bolt main caps|
|Crankshaft (P/N 12489436): ||4340 Forged steel|
|Connecting rods (P/N 12497624): ||Heavy-duty PM steel|
|Pistons (P/N 12499103):|| Hypereutectic aluminum|
|Camshaft type (P/N 14097395): ||Hydraulic roller|
|Camshaft lift (in): ||.431 intake / .451 exhaust|
|Camshaft duration (@.050 in): ||196'c1 intake / 206'c1 exhaust|
|Cylinder heads (P/N 12558060): ||Vortec iron; 64cc chambers|
|Valve size (in): ||1.94 intake / 1.50 exhaust|
|Compression ratio: ||9.1:1|
|Rocker Arms (P/N 10089648): ||Stamped steel|
|Rocker arm ratio: ||1.5:1|
|Water pump (P/N 88894341): ||Cast iron|
|Recommended fuel: ||87 octane|
|Max Recommended RPM: ||5,000|
- NOTE: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long blocks and partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur. We recommend HEI distributor P/N 93448806.
- Requires addition of carburetor, ignition and starter (not included).
- Rochester Quadrajet or Holley 750-cfm carburetor recommended.
- Comes with 12.75" automatic transmission flexplate. Requires externally balanced flywheel for manual transmission.
- Has right-side oil dipstick.
- Intended for pre-1977 street vehicles and all off-road vehicles.