454 Partial Engine
For those who want the sturdy foundation of the 454 HO as the starting point of a custom Chevy crate engine, this brand-new 454 partial engine from GM Performance Parts includes the forged crank, rods and pistons, as well as the balancer, oil pan and front cover. This partial engine does not included a camshaft, lifters, timing chain or cam sprocket. Use externally balanced flywheel for manual transmission applications.
NOTE: Intended for pre-1977 street vehicles and all off-road vehicles. Not intended for marine use.
- Turn that project car into a big-block legend
- The perfect replacement for a big-block car that needs a new mill
- Your first big-block
*Applications have not been validated. They are merely suggestions of how you might enjoy your GM Performance Parts crate engine. Some applications may affect engine warranty. See specific warranty information. Some applications may not be emission legal; check state and local ordinances.
|454 HO TECH SPECS:
|Part Number: ||12568774|
|Engine type: ||Chevy big-block V-8|
|Displacement (cu in): ||454|
|Bore x stroke (in): ||4.25 x 4.00|
|Block (P/N 12561353): ||Cast iron with 4-bolt main caps|
|Crankshaft (P/N 14096983): ||Forged steel|
|Connecting rods (P/N 10198922): ||Forged steel|
|Pistons (P/N 10215228): ||Forged aluminum||
- NOTE: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long blocks and partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur. GMPP HEI distributor P/N 93440806 is recommended.
- Requires addition of heads, intake, camshaft, timing gears, carburetor, starter, fuel pump, distributor and ignition system and other misc. items (not included).
- Clutch linkage boss is cast into block, but must be drilled and tapped.
- Use externally balanced flywheel for manual transmission applications.
- Intended for pre-1977 street vehicles or all off-road vehicles.
- Not intended for marine applications.