350 HO Base
The GM Performance Parts 350 HO Base trim level crate engine offers you all of the same great performance capability and internal components as the Chevy crate engine 350 HO Deluxe (and 350 HO Turn-Key) including chrome valve covers and timing cover, but it comes without the intake manifold, carburetor, water pump, balancer, distributor, and damper—parts that you likely have in your garage already. However, these bolt-on components are available from GM Performance Parts, or you can use the 350 HO Base as the foundation for the custom engine of your own design.
NOTE: Intended for pre-1977 street vehicles and all off-road vehicles. Not intended for marine use.
- Replace that V-6 with some all-American Chevy crate engine V-8 muscle
- Restore your musclecar with a little bit more than stock
*Applications have not been validated. They are merely suggestions of how you might enjoy your GM Performance Parts crate engine. Some applications may affect engine warranty. See specific warranty information. Some applications may not be emission legal; check state and local ordinances.
|350 HO TECH SPECS:
|Engine type: ||Chevy small-block V-8|
|Displacement (cu in): ||350|
|Bore x stroke (in): ||4.00 x 3.48|
|Block (P/N 10105123)): ||Cast iron with 4-bolt main caps|
|Crankshaft (P/N 14088526): ||Nodular iron|
|Connecting rods (P/N 10108688): ||Powdered metal steel|
|Pistons (P/N 12514101): ||Cast aluminum|
|Camshaft type (P/N 24502476): ||Hydraulic flat tappet|
|Camshaft lift (in): ||.435 intake / .460 exhaust|
|Camshaft duration (@.050 in): ||212'c1 intake / 222'c1 exhaust|
|Cylinder heads (P/N 12558060): ||Vortec iron; 64 cc chambers|
|Valve size (in): ||1.94 intake / 1.50 exhaust|
|Compression ratio: ||9.1:1|
|Rocker arms (P/N 10089648): ||Stamped steel|
|Rocker arm ratio: ||1.5:1|
|Water pump (P/N 88894341): ||Cast iron, long-style|
|Flexplate (P/N 14088765): ||14"|
|Recommended fuel: ||92 octane|
|Ignition timing: ||10'c1 BTDC @ 700 rpm|
|Maximum rpm: ||5500||
- Comes with counterweighted flexplate for automatic transmission; requires counterweight flywheel for manual transmission.
- Has right-side oil dipstick.
- Intended for pre-1977 street vehicles and all off-road vehicles.
- Not intended for marine applications.
- Requires fuel line from fuel pump to carburetor.
- Fuel pump pressure is pre-set, fuel pressure regulator not required.
- Some assembly required.